IP (internet protocol) security cameras or network security cameras are digital security cameras which generally means they produce higher image / video resolutions.
Pros & Cons of IP / Network Security Cameras
- high video / image resolutions
- wider field of view so fewer cameras are required
- easy scalability and installation flexibility
- single low-cost network cable for each camera
- cable to the nearest switch, not to the recording device or server
- remote access to his live views and recordings
- remotely configured
IP security cameras can be programmed to detect motion and commence recording and upload to a storage device or SD card and/or email images and video.